Msnbc's "The Dylan Ratigan Show" announced it will host a three-day energy summit for the final leg of its "Steel on Wheels tour," from Wednesday, March 30-Friday, April 1, 2011 in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
Ratigan has organized a coalition with the top experts from different fields to gather for a three-day energy summit to talk about the United States' energy policy and the need to end the country's dependence on Mid-East Oil.
"The dual crisis in Japan and the Mideast has made it clear to that Washington has failed for decades to set energy policy right and it is now up to us, the American People, to lead a discussion on the importance of energy independence in America," said Ratigan.
The energy summit is part of the "Steel on Wheels" tour, which has visited a total of nine cities since its launch in December of 2010, probing different resolutions for issues facing the country.
For the last "Steel on Wheels" tour, Ratigan has asked the top specialists in the energy and nuclear fields to come together to discuss the urgent nuclear crisis unfolding in Japan, the revolution in the Mideast, and how it will affect America as we seek energy independence.
The schedule, which is outlined below, is open to media that RSVP. Viewers can watch the summit live on msnbc 4 p.m. ET and attend the town hall on Thursday, March 31 at Oklahoma State University.
- Wednesday, March 30, 2011 – "Steel on Wheels Energy Summit: Day One" from Oklahoma City, OK - Truck Travel Stop
- Thursday, March 31, 2011 - "Steel on Wheels Energy Summit: Day Two" from Stillwater, OK - OSU campus
- In addition, there will be special town hall open to the public on the OSU campus at 7:00PM CT
- The town hall will stream live on http://www.steelonwheels.com and http://www.dylanratigan.com
- Friday, April 1, 2011 - "Steel on Wheels Energy Summit: Day Three" from Stillwater, OK - OSU campus
Ratigan, "For this three-day summit, we’re bringing in people from politics, the oil and gas industries to the people of the Green and Nuclear movements to come up with a plan that frees America from the Mid-East oil vice."